11 abril 2023

O testemunho No. 2 do Donatien



Olá querid@s leitor@s ! 


Time to look back and sum up my last months in Lisbon… Already half of my project has been achieved! I would focus on the two main ongoing projects I’m coordinating with Luís (my supervisor). Our project to launch the first local parliament in the neighborhood of Telheiras is in progress and going well. In June, the inhabitants will be summoned to attend and take part in the first session of this citizen assembly at the Festival of Telheiras. Until then, we are thinking and designing the project with the local associations, schools and inhabitants themselves. 





Meanwhile, we’ve been facilitating workshops with the students of the Escola Tecnica Psicosocial de Lisboa about civic engagement and how increasing their impact on the society about the most meaningful topics to them. At the end of the 4 sessions we had together, all of them thought about a group project to lead. They are now ready to release it to the neighborhood in the public library’s amphitheater. 



I also worked on a festival in the north of Lisbon called ComunicALTA
that happened on the 18th of March. Its purpose is to promote all the talents, skills and projects born in this area of Lisbon. This sunny day was really intense and fulfilling for everyone : gigs, dancing shows, skateboarding session, delicious african food and so more… 


And above all, I fulfilled one my biggest dreams : going to Nazaré and watching the best surfers coming from all around the world to surf the big waves ! 




After 6 months here, I feel home thanks to my friends I’m living with and I made, the people I’m volunteering with (portuguese as well as foreigners), the sunsets from the miradouros and beaches, the activist activities I finally started to get involved in about climate and social justice here in Portugal… As the time goes (and the days get longer), my attachment to this city and country is getting stronger and stronger. Next step : being fluent in portuguese... In case I make it, I apologize in advance to the Lisboetas for the extra french guy you’ll have to deal with… 


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário