14 novembro 2023

O testemunho No. 2 da Katarina (Spin)

 

Hello again!

It feels like I have blinked and woke up many months later. Though the heat is gone, the sun still shines over Lisbon and gives its share of happiness to the ones who’re lucky enough to wake up in this amazing city today.




Everyone also lives their life, being the main character in their own story and all the other people are around just to fill the gaps and the holes of the plot. I also feel like that: my life is my own story and my own experience, and life in Lisbon is just another chapter in my life novel. The only thing is that even I don’t know what is going to happen on every page I get to turn. Although maybe it's not what I have been picturing in my mind back when I first arrived, there are many things to enjoy, to treasure and to be grateful for.




Certain periods in the flat I am living in have been challenging, but many times people give you the advice that you should see the obstacles as an opportunity to grow and broaden your perspectives. Even though it can be true in some cases, in my opinion, some things and situations should be solved if they are continuously crossing the line, and they should not be turned into an opportunity to grow, or be more flexible, or be more patient or be more this or that. Luckily, things have their way of falling into place, so in the past month we got new volunteers and I live with them now, and I think they are amazing people and that we have a lot in common and a lot to share, so I am looking forward to spending the months that I have left in a better environment and the healthier place to live.







I have been visiting some places around Lisbon, and I am extremely satisfied with the 40 euro card deal that the public transport company offers, because with this card you’re able to visit many places around, as there is a good train and bus connection to almost every place you can imagine. My favorite spot is actually any spot by the sea, so I took advantage and spent more than a few of my days just looking at the horizon and listening to the waves.


One of the highlights for sure has to be a mid-term training that we had in Braga, which is a lovely little town in the north of Portugal. Even though the weather forecast predicted a week of rainy days only whilst I was there, I got lucky and was able to spend a sunny afternoon walking around Braga and exploring the place. The people in the training were something else, and the group dynamic was outstanding. I felt the amazing connection we had with one another, helping each other express our experiences and feelings towards our ESC projects. I felt really happy and relieved that I was not the only one facing some challenging situations, and I really changed my perspective on some things that happened. I cherish those moments and I take some connections with me, to hopefully meet again in one of many places those people come from.



Lisbon is a vivid city and has to offer something for everyone, if you know where to look or even just if you are willing to explore. Lots of museums, galleries, bars, food places, gardens, viewpoints. Over time, I’ve got to have my favorite of many things: favorite park – Gulbenkian, favorite beach – Parede, favorite Portuguese food – bitoque from Portvgalia, favorite foreign food – Korean bbq, favorite place to chill – south bank… the only one I don’t have is a favorite pasteis de nata place, simply because they are amazing wherever you get them.



My Portuguese is still not at a level I would have hoped, but I’ve got only myself to blame, as I think I should’ve dedicated more time to studying. I understand quite a lot though, and finally I don’t have any problem maintaining the necessary conversation with the supermarket workers during the check-out.








I think this is it for now, I guess that I’ll be back here and writing my final testimony faster than I can know. Until then, I will continue enjoying my life in Lisbon the way it is and saving a special place in my heart for some experiences and people that happened to me in this very place.

Beijinhos,

K

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário