12 julho 2022

O testemunho No.1 da Monika (Spin)

 

Hello 


I am here today to share with you my first impressions of being in Portugal, but before I do that, I would like to shortly introduce myself. My name is Monika, I am 24 years old, and I come from the city Wroclaw in Poland. I am an animal and human rights activist, art appreciator, with a special passion for interior design.





Last year I was entering a new chapter in life, right after graduating my master’s in education, beginning my very first educator job in a children and youth daycare. I was facing a lot of challenges, but at the same time having the fulfilment from working with the most amazing staff, and causing impact on young people with special needs. It was a safe space for me, especially living in my hometown, near my family and friends. At the same time, I felt the need to start in a new place, since moving abroad was something that I wanted to do for a while. I began searching and I found the SPIN Association, all thanks to the European Solidarity Corps website. My current daycare was working beside an association as well, therefore I felt like this experience might be similar to what I am doing now, but with a fresh feel, far away from my home. 


 Now it has been almost two weeks that I am in Portugal, and I must say that it has been quite an adventure. It has all started in Nazaré, from which I will be unfortunately moving this weekend. The view of the ocean, beautiful architecture, and overall calmness had made me appreciate my decision to come here. I live one minute away from the beach, which makes it easy to enjoy the sun and the breeze of the water. 


On the 4th of July I had made my first trip to visit Lisbon. Shortly after I realised how different it is from Nazaré, more vibrant and lively, therefore similar to my hometown. A day later I arrived to the SPIN office. I got to have a tour of the Bairro Padre Cruz neighbourhood, which has an artistic and alternative feeling to it. I especially enjoyed the colourful murals on the buildings and incredible city view. I am looking forward to getting inspired by learning more about this area! I also had a lunch with the staff and volunteers, which gave me an opportunity to learn more about them before we start working together. I am very excited about my journey which is only about to begin, at the same time hoping to get the most out of my time here. 



0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário