06 março 2024

O testemunho No. 1 do Simone (JFC - Culture)

 


Lisboa waaa what a life!

Every day I wake up grateful to be here. I feel like using my time in the best way. When people ask me why I’m doing a volunteer project in a library or what I’m taking from this experience, my answer goes directly to “I’m young and I have time to work until seventy years old” and then “every day I speak Portuguese, I read whatever kind of books and I have a house in the city center of a capital full of events. What I need more”.

So, this period flew really well adding the fact the I’m living with amazing guys and even SPIN’s friends are so cool.

But what about my lifestyle: 
I used to go to work from 10 am until 6 pm, in the middle I have one hour of break, where I am lucky because with the project, I’m allowed to eat in the canteen of the kindergarten of bairro Padre Cruz school. 

 
During the morning, I study the bibliography and reorder the books from previous loan. In the afternoon, instead, I look after on children and help them on find an interesting book. Of course, sometimes can happen some activities that are different and in the future other will be more related to the public, but until now those are the majors. Fortunately, I have even the time to read books and journals in Portuguese to increase my languages skills and being more useful to the Portuguese class or relaxed when I am doing tour into the city. 


And yes, each Wednesday afternoon, we used to do an inner Portuguese class, made by ourselves, with the objective to make volunteers more comfortable with the language and let it grow by themselves. Let’s call it self-learning accompanied. 


the night, maybe I don’t have so much time for doing some activities, but I like to go to the swimming pool to relax or spending some hours with the housemates talking about frivolities.

What happens during the weekends is more entertaining, I like to visit the city as: se de Lisboa; Gulbenkian’s foundation; Mouraria’s neighborhood and casa dos Bicos. And going out to festivals or events with friends. Lisboa gives you the opportunity to enjoy the youth a lot. 

Okay these were my words about my feelings and incidents that I had and still having during my ESC experience in Lisboa whit Spin association and Natália Correia Library. 

See you soon. 

Simone 


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário