15 setembro 2021

O testemunho final da Perrine (Crescer a Cores)

 Oi gente,

Time for me to say goodbye (for now) to this little piece of paradise called Lisbon.

It's been 10 months that I've been living in the beautfiul city of lisbon and now because of my studies, unfortunately, I will have to leave LX a little earlier than expected. 10 months of making new friends, building relationships, discovering portugal, learning portuguese, learning about portuguese culture, trying new food and drinks, trying new sports, falling in love and just living life.


Since my first days I fell in love with this city and its atmosphere. Lisbon gave me experience, lisbon made me grow, lisbon made me believe in my dreams, lisbon helped me realise what I want in life, lisbon makes me happy.


I am so happy and grateful that I made the decision to move to lisbon in fall of 2020, I couldn't be happier about my ESC experience and everything that came with it.

I must say that it also wasn't just all good experiences, since my work did not fullfill me personally and due to other reasons sometimes but all in all I had an amazing time and I would recommend to everyone to go abroad and take this opportunity that is given to us ! Working as a volunteer is a very special experience and can be extremly challenging or also be the most chilled thing you ever did in your life, you just have to try. I already did two voluntary services and it won't be the last one. Being abroad volunteering, meeting new people from all over the world with different cultures different life experiences and views on life is one of my favourite things ever. You feel part of a community that wants to do good, to give back in some way and just tries to give joy. I won't forget all the support, advice, strength we all shared in good as in hard times.

Thank you European Solidarity Corps for making these experiences possible, thank you to my collegues at Crescer a Cores who open heartly welcomed me and gave me the chance to discover this workfield. Thank you to all the lovely people I met allong my way. Thank you for strangers becoming friends, for friends becoming family.

Beijos. Perrine

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário