17 agosto 2022

O testemunho final da Ida (CML)

 

Until next time, Lisbon!



My volunteering project here has been an experience of many highs and lows, but as a result I now feel stronger as a person. The months that I spent at the Lisbon City Council were full of new people, new realities, very many mistakes in Portuguese, a lot of learning, cultural exchange and many cups of coffee drank on the street with pasteis de nata on the side. 

The work at the City Council included mostly meetings with different municipal services and charitable associations. Unfortunately, because of Covid surges some activities had to be cancelled, but I still managed to have many highlights. One of the main highlights during my experience was getting to know the pedagogical farm of Olivais, where I spent a day with children, who were either learning to make traditional Portuguese pastries or learning about different animals, fruit trees or composting. Afterwards, I also spent some days working at the organic garden, learning about edible plants, cultivation and maintenance.

I am glad to say that I was able to improve my Portuguese a lot with the help of my colleagues at the City Council. They were extremely patient with my mistakes and taught me many expressions. I have gained a lot of confidence in my speaking and listening, so, to conclude, thank you Spin and Câmara Municipal de Lisboa for this amazing experience!

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário