20 outubro 2022

O testemunho no. 1 do Cagri (Spin)


 Ola , everyone ! My name is Cagri,  I come from Turkey, and I started my volunteering project at SPIN in October 2022.


I had a Turkish friend who did his project at SPEAK this year and during our conversations , he told me so many good things about the volunteering and the life in Lisbon in general. So I decided to give it a shot and here I am. I was feeling nervous before coming to Lisbon because I have never been abroad before but after I saw the nice environment around me , all of my fears were gone.

The flight process was the hardest part for me because I was only able to find a transferred ticket from Istanbul to Frankurt then Frankurt to Porto. It was 2 AM when I landed on Porto Airport and there were no taxis waiting at the entrance of the airport. I was too exhausted but luckily I saw a taxi passing by and I stopped it then I went to bus terminal.



When I arrived at Lisbon I fell in love with its architecture. All of the buildings looked so historical. The city felt so alive and all the people around me were smiling. I was already amazed by this lovely city.


When I went to my apartment I was feeling too exhausted and I met with my flatmates and went straight to the bed and slept like 4 hours but during the night , we played some games together and this games helped me to know about their personalities. They are all nice and kind persons , I`m looking forward to share my apartment with them !,2 days later, I went to Spin office and met with my colleagues. My tutor Catarina informed me about my tasks and asked me a couple of questions about my goals in here. 
After that , they prepared a welcome day lunch for me and my roommate Amr and Lisa cooked some foods for all of us. The foods were delicious and our conversations during the lunch were pretty fun. As I never worked as a volunteer before, this is a huge opportunity for me to gain new experiences. So I`m feeling pretty excited right now ! Lastly , I have to learn about Lisbon as soon as possible because there are so many beautiful places to visit in this city and I want to see all of them. It all feels like a dream right now.


I`m looking forward for what`s to come on this new adventure.

Ciao for now !



0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário