20 outubro 2022

O testemunho No. 2 da Beyza (Spin)

 

Hello everyone 


The month full of surprises. It has been almost 3 months since I was in Lisbon. I still can't believe how It went by so fast. already feel I am local here. This city has magic. I also really like the people at the office and the volunteers at home.

Me and the other volunteers decided to make a vertical garden in the office and I collected plastic bottles for this. Later on, we will paint the bottles and turn them into vases. It sounds interesting.


We decided to have an international lunch every week at the office. This week it was my turn. I cooked potato salad, shepherd's salad (çoban salatasi) , pastry (pogaça) and custard with mastic ( sakizli muhallebi) . We set up a table outside and we had a nice lunch together. Although I'm not very good at cooking, I think I did a good job with the help of others. :) Trying new things while I'm here makes me happy at the end of the day. I think that's the purpose of volunteering

The first week of September, we went to the weekend camp attended by volunteers living in Portugal. It took place in Camp Amarante. I had the opportunity to meet many volunteers from different cultures and learn about their volunteering experiences. It was a very nice experience.


Besides that, during this volunteering we have 2 training sessions and one of them was last week. I went to Braga to meet with the other volunteers around Portugal. It was an amazing opportunity. We had a chance to do activities and spend time together. I made new friendships. During the training the facilitators were teaching us how we can make our life easier as volunteers. After the sessions we visited the city centre of Braga and Bom Jesus Do Monte. The viewpoint from Bom Jesus was incredible.. 
Travel..... <3


This month I did a mini tour of Southern Spain. It was a trip that I was very happy with and saved a lot of memories. I had a reunion with many of my friends and I had the opportunity to get to know their family/friends. They showed me the important places in the city and we tasted traditional dishes together such as Crochettas, Paella, Gazpacho etc. The beauties of Andalusia and especially Alhambra impressed me a lot. I am hoping to go back there. Thanks.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário