06 abril 2021

O testemunho no. 1 da Eliisa (SPIN)

Hi everyone! My name is Eliisa, but people here know me as Elsa and I am a new volunteer at Spin Association! 

It has been 4 months since the decision to change my life and become a volunteer thanks to a really great recommendation from a good friend with the same experience. After that everything is already foggy, the time went so fast since applying, interviewing, confirming and arriving. The moment I realized that I am really doing this was when I was already landing to Lisbon which by the way- the most amazing moment in my life so far.


A month has passed since I arrived to my new home. It is still hard to wrap my mind around it- this country is where I will be spending the next 10 months of my life so in between busy moments of exploring I try to take a few breaths to take in the moment. The first weeks were amazing even though we were quarantined for 14 days since we came from Estonia, but we could still do small walks around our home. To our surprise near our home is the most prettiest park for first impressions-Marques de Pombal. This first month has all been about getting to know our neighborhood and familiarize us with Spins activities. We started with online meetings and finally after self isolation we got to meet Spin office and the area its located- Barrio Padre Cruz and of course our most wonderful Spin hostel. 


My greatest pleasure so far has been the welcoming of new volunteers which meant that we would cook a lovely meal to welcome our new amazing friends. For now what is next hopefully we are able to start organizing Live It Lisbon! Hopefully you will hear more about it soon😉

Beijinhos 

Elsa

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário