20 agosto 2018

O testemunho da Nerea

And it’s been two months since I arrived to Lisbon… This adventure began back in May and I, Nerea, am the protagonist. I come from Valencia (Spain), a beautiful land bathed by the Mediterranean Sea, full of light, gunpowder and sound. I’m 24 years old and I’m a young biologist, a nature and bird lover. 

 Rio Douro ao seu passo por Miranda do Douro, durante o trabalho de campo com SPEA

In May I found a EVS vacancy in Lisbon to collaborate with the Sociedade Portuguesa para o Estudo das Aves, an environmental NGO dedicated to the protection and conservation of wildlife birds. Very excited to work in an association that defends these natural values, I put all my efforts to get that vacancy. With just two weeks in advance they chose me and I accepted without thinking. On June 1, I was on a plane whose destination was LISBOA.
New goals, both professional and personal, made their way when I arrived to Lisbon for the first time. Although also fears and insecurities. The first days were a little harder: I felt out of place, I missed my city, my home, my family… With the passing of days all this was disappearing and I was finding a thousand and one new things and reasons to enjoy this great experience. 

  Pratos típicos de Portugal: sardinhas assadas e bacalhau à brás

I didn’t know much about Lisbon or Portugal; I had only been in Portugal on one occasion. And it could be said that it was love at first sight. The city has an incredible charm. During these two months I have had time to know many places and enjoy the city. And not only the city, the history behind each monument, the art on the street, the fado, the traditional food, and so many things that captive you. Being in SPEA has also allowed me to know other regions of this beautiful country. During these months I visited the northern area of Portugal and I have been doing field work in Miranda do Douro and surroundings. I have also visited Seville, one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, and Malaga and reconnect with friends that I had not seen for a long time. A childhood friend also came to visit me for a few days and, in a couple of days, my family will come to enjoy the holidays with me for a week in this awesome city. 

  Foto na escultura do artista Bordalo II de Cais de Sodré / Visita da minha amiga da infância 

The city isn’t the only good things about this experience. I have met very “fixe” people, as the Portuguese say. Flatmates or workmates, other EVS or other Spaniards, who temporarily or not live in Lisbon. A special mention to my workmate and EVS friend Alicia, companion of battles and adventures during these two intense months.

                           Foto com outras EVS, Alicia e Esra, uma noite por Bairro Alto / No Miradouro das Portas do Sol, aproveitando o                                                                                                 tour que um amigo espanhol fez antes de sair da cidade

So, after these two months, I feel very lucky to be able to live and experience like this. I really want to squeeze the months until I leave Lisbon, continue learning Portuguese, meet people, soak up everything I do in SPEA and continue discovering the culture and magic of Portugal. 

                 No Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, conhecendo a cidade / Praça de Espanha, um dos pontos mais emblemáticos da                                                   cidade de Seville

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário