12 julho 2021

O testemunho No. 2 da Cristina (SPEA)

Hi again! 

Summer has arrived and, with it, being aware that half of my ESC Project has already passed...That is why I am here again, to write my “Mid Term Testimony” and update you a bit on how things are going!


I can only begin being thankful for having had this great opportunity. And, although the year wasn’t started very well due to the new measures implemented because of the increase in COVID cases in Portugal, it was also possible to take advantage of those days at home cultivating myself in other personal aspects. 

Then, with the beginning of the spring and the end of the lockdown, everything improved remarkably, also accompanied by the opportunity to participate in the field work trips of SPEA, my host organization.

From that moment on, I have carried out countless activities and projects with them, with different objectives and in very different places, which have made me grow a lot personally and professionally.

Some have consisted of placing and monitoring nest houses, making bird counting, improving and conservating natural habitats, controlling invasive species, doing environmental education activities, ornithological walks, helping to implement good agricultural, ganadery and electric lines practices, etc. In different places around Portugal like Setúbal, Ilhas Barreira, Sintra, Lisboa, Vila Flor, Ilhas Berlengas, Lagoa Pequena, etc.

Apart from the Project, I have also had such a good time traveling and enjoying with the rest of the volunteers and other friends, discovering different parts and secrets of Lisbon, as watching sunsets in Cacilhas, having barbecues in Monsanto, learning to do surf in Carcavelos, dancing cumbia in Zona Franca or Arroz estudios, ... And visiting and camping in places like Sintra, Cascais, Setubal, Óbidos, Nazaré, Batalha, Viana do Castelo, etc.

And for closing this stage of the project, during the last months, I had the opportunity to share that I created and learned during the January and February’s lock down in some of the Lisbon Street Markets with my new watercolours brand “TarentolArt”. 

They have been some incredible months with a lot of opportunities and, although sometimes I must face some adversities that appear along the way, I would not change anything.

I will update you on the last stage of my ESC Project!

Big hugs, Cristina.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário