01 novembro 2021

O testemunho final da Melissa (JFC - Culture)


 SPIN – last testimony.

For the past few weeks and days, I have been stubbornly postponing writing this last testimony of mine. I did not want to write it because that would mean that I would have to admit to myself, that my time as a volunteer is coming to an end. A lot has been happening, and if I would need to summarise everything, the first word that comes to my mind is „home“. I still feel a bit overwhelmed trying to put a full stop behind this experience and wrapping it all up. I would not know where to begin and where to stop but let’s try! 

During the past months and weeks, covid restrictions have been mostly lifted, and not only has the library become more alive but also our nights on the still-warm streets of Lisbon. For me, it was amazing to finally welcome children into the library and to see my colleagues cheer for me because they were super happy for me too. We also went on a walking tour through the Bairro with school kids, walking past all the amazing street art and graffiti of our beloved neighbourhood. On the last working day, I went to have a shared dinner with my colleagues, who definitely have become more than just colleagues. I am super happy about their support, because all they ever wanted, was for me to have a good time. I remember, that when I was a bit sick, they brought soup for me.


I am happy to say that, even though I finished work, I still have some days left in this most beautiful city. I will spend them with all of my friends, fresh Superbock, and vegan pastel de nata. Looking back at the past year, makes me feel grateful beyond expression. I am grateful for all the people I have met, especially for those, that I will take with me in my heart. I am grateful for the miradouros, for the food and the drinks. I am grateful for an experience, that changed me for the better, that made me consider different perspectives and learn more about myself by learning about others. 


I will carry the Spin spirit with me wherever I go and I will for sure never forget about the warm-hearted people, which I will without a doubt, come to visit soon.







0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário