11 outubro 2023

O testemunho no. 1 da Jessica (Spin)

 



I am Jessica (21), a volunteer from Liechtenstein. My excitement began a week before departure. My wish was to bring a little variety into my life, so I decided to do this project. I was very excited about what awaits me here in Lisbon at SPIN. I will stay here for six months and gain experience and knowledge.  Most of all I am looking forward to meet new people from different cultures/countries. It would be great to learn some Portuguese, even though I am not that good with languages.





When I arrived at our accommodation, I had to settle in a bit. But now with time I get used to the shared apartment life.
These six months give me the opportunity to reinvent myself and take time out from "real life". As I am a very reserved person, I would like to improve my social skills.





Lisbon is a stunning city, the houses are colourful and the people are very friendly. The paved streets are slippery and it's always going up and down. There are different parks but my favourite is the one with the chickens. The beaches are incredibly beautiful, but the water was freezing cold.




I have been to several vantage points from which the whole city could be seen. The red bridge is gigantic and reminds me of America. Next door is the Jesus Statue, just like in Rio.
I have also never seen such a beautiful botanical garden. We even got in for free.




I am excited about what awaits me and look forward to the next few months here in Portugal.











0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário