08 novembro 2023

O testemunho da Eva (Spin)





 Olá a todos! 

I'm Eva, and although I live and study in Ghent, I have decided to do my internship adventure in beautiful Lisbon. My host organization here is SPIN. My first encounter with Lisbon was several years ago, and that experience has always stayed with me. It piqued my interest to return one day, and that happened in February 2023. During a vacation with friends in Portugal, my enthusiasm grew to spend three months here soon and fulfil my internship. And here I am!

 


My academic background includes a bachelor's degree in Social Work, and I am currently working on my master's degree in Gender and Diversity. I hope that my practical experience in Social Work, combined with the theoretical concepts and frameworks I am studying in my master's, can be a valuable addition to the SPIN team.



I have been here for one month now, and I must admit that the start was challenging at times. Arriving in a city I didn't know very well and being all alone was a bit overwhelming. But my sense of loneliness quickly disappeared thanks to the warm welcome at SPIN. My arrival coincided with the start of the "Be your best friend" training. Although I was prepared for a hectic week (and at times it was!), above all it was an incredibly fun week in which I met many wonderful people. It was great to spend my first few weeks during this activity, which soon made me feel like a full member of the team.



If SPIN is such a welcoming place, so is Lisbon. It is a city where discovery and wonder go hand in hand. Everywhere you go, you will discover something new and fascinating. It is a city where you can get lost (a lot), but that makes it very exciting. Until now, the sun has been shining all period, so there is still a vacation feeling in the city. Lisbon is also close to a lot of beaches, so you can always go and relax and enjoy the sunsets. And I haven't mentioned the food yet. From delicious pasteis de nata, to fresh fish dishes in local restaurants, every meal so far has been delicious. So this is not just another city, it is a city that is alive, that is cosy and where people are always in the mood to discover. I can already say that I am going to make some really great memories here.



So far, I look back on my first month in Lisbon with great gratitude. I can't wait for the adventures to come!






0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário