05 março 2024

O testemunho No. 1 do Riccardo (ANFR - Bola p'ra frente)


Volunteering for the ESC was an opportunity that I was extremely excited to take. Having the possibility to travel while doing experience helping a community is an incredibile chance, and I was very enthusiastic to do it. 

I decided to come in Lisboa because I have a background in sport and the project I am taking part with the Associação Nacional Futebol the Rua (ANFR) is using sport as a mean to bring positive values in a disadvantage community. I felt that in this project I could have been an active part with my knowledge and experience. I have never been in Lisboa or Portugal before, so I didn't have many expectations about the environment I would end up living.

After the first month here I am really happy about my decision. The project I am taking part is as I expected, the association is an incredibly important resource for the community of the area they are working. It is, before anything else, a gathering place for many teenagers who enjoy to spend time in a positive and safe environment. The sport activities are the main ones to catch the attention of the youths, and their enthusiasm is extremely high during these activities. 

As I expected I can be an active part in this project. Even though in this first period I have a marginal role because I don't speak Portuguese yet, I am very motivating to learn the language and build strong connections in the community. 

I didn't have expectations regarding the city and now I am so positively surprised. Lisboa has an incredible cool atmosphere, with a lot of cultural and artistic events happening every week. From the first impression, it looks like a city that really values human beings, with many opportunities to share and develop interests. 

I am very happy about the decision to come here, I am enjoying this experience and I am excited for the next months I will spend in Lisboa.




0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário