Hi! My name is Emily, and I am from the US!
I joined as an intern for SPIN through a program called Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), which partnered with my university to offer students international work experience. Once I was set on Lisbon, I began searching for a workplace that embodied the mission and values I am passionate about.I have always considered myself a lifelong learner, so when I learned that this was a central focus of Spin’s incredible mission, I was immediately drawn to the opportunity. The work they do closely aligns with my own work in the US: supporting and connecting individuals while helping others access lifelong learning opportunities.
My arrival in Lisbon was nothing short of exciting. After landing at the airport, I immediately began exploring the city and learning how to navigate the transportation system, which is unlike anything I have experienced before. I am fortunate to have a host through my program who has already shared so much wisdom about life here.
Doubting Lisbon’s reputation as “the city with seven hills” may have been one of my biggest mistakes, as I quickly found myself on two of the hardest - yet most beautiful - walks of my life! Outside of preparing for work, I have spent time visiting museums, renowned sites, exploring cafés, and enjoying plenty of seafood.
I am only one week in, but each day I feel more settled and more grateful for this experience. I have already found that around every corner, something beautiful can be discovered in this city. I am excited to continue exploring here and all that lies beyond during my stay.
0 comentários:
Enviar um comentário