06 fevereiro 2020

O testemunho da Anna No. 3 (Junta de Freguesia de Lumiar)



Sitting in a sunny classroom in CAF, getting ready to write my final testimony and all of a sudden I get this melancholic feeling. I realise that it is soon time to say goodbye to my children, my colleagues, and my friends. There have been several memorable moments during my project but I am becoming aware that there is much that I have taken for granted. Like how comfortable I have become at my workplace, how close I’ve become with my colleagues and my friends and how integrated I am to the local community. Also all the places I’ve been able to discover in and around Lisbon. Well, Portuguese language is still a problem and during these 10 months I didn’t really learn to speak it, but I feel that I understand much more than I used to and I am hopefully going to continue learning it. 

Past months at work have been quite similar to how they’ve always been. In autumn I launched my English language activity and I feel that the children have been enjoying it. I participated in the Christmas play and I am also working on a board game – in short it is an environmental version of Monopoly.  One of the main things I’ve learned during my project is how much “in the zone” I feel when I am creating something. Creativity is definitely a thing I want to further develop once the project is over.


“Green Lisbon” – the goal of the game is to get rich by going green.

At times when ESC allowance isn’t enough you gotta make your own money

My acting debut in the CAF Christmas play. My part was to help decorate the “tree of trash”

A glimpse to my career as an English teacher

In addition to my work, I’ll be missing my friends, who have become my family for these 10 months. I hope that I’ve found friends for life and that we’ll see each other again soon.  


One of the many great days with my family

I didn’t really believe I could befriend another Estonian here, but look at us now, Agnes.


All in all, I am very glad I decided to take this opportunity and do my ESC in Portugal despite some of the hesitations and difficulties I have had. I guess I will understand the true value of the project and what I’ve gained from it once it’s over and I find myself in some other reality.  Special thanks to all the great people I’ve had the chance to meet during these 10 months.

With love,

Anna

Para ser grande, sê inteiro: nada
Teu exagera ou exclui.
Sê todo em cada coisa. Põe quanto és
No mínimo que fazes.
Assim em cada lago a lua toda
Brilha, porque alta vive.


- Fernando Pessoa, 1933


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário