24 agosto 2020

O testemunho da Katia No. 2 (Associação Spin)

Months pass by and I’m halfway in my ESC in Lisboa. Covid-19 have reduced my tasks as a volunteer to receiving

email and sending emails, mostly prefabricated, weekly meetings in enjoyable green areas of the city and the occasional creation of web-based content. Summer has almost certainly played its role in this aswell. This means that I have had more time for new experiences and activities outside of Spin’s office hours, which I’m very grateful for. I’m trying to avoid touristic activities, as this has more clearly than ever shown itself an unsustainable form of transactions, but I’ve had some nights under the moonlight with sand between my feet. Another learning has been to seek out and support splaces that show solidarity and generousity in their doings. Lisbon has quite a good network of solidarity centers and many warm individuals that burn for this! 

Doing right things is increasingly tiering in this setting though, as resting in a restless place is difficult. My dreams and expectations for the last part of my ESC here in Lisbon is to have a small mobile place for resting my neck. Let’s see how it goes!  





0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário