17 maio 2023

O Testemunho final da Magda (Spin)





I knew it would happen, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. My project in Lisbon is coming to an end and I would like to share some thoughts and experiences about it, because the last few months have been full of adventures and new people.

What did I do at Spin?

-I gave 12 Portuguese Language lessons to other volunteers. It was challenging, but also a really valuable period for me. I was able to see how other people started using the language with my help, and watching them interact was something I really enjoyed;


- I experienced my first Youth Exchange and met people from several European countries, including my own - Poland;

- I helped organize the interns from La Vibria organization first days in Lisbon.

What places have I visited?

- I visited many places that were on my bucket list:

*The Alentejo region with a rented car,

*Serra da Estrela Natural Park,

*many beaches

*Guadiana River from Vila Real de Santo António to Ayamonte.

*Andalusia

..... and much more


What I learned?

-Living with people from different countries can be difficult, but you can learn a lot at the same time, which makes you grow as a person;

-People can have REALLY different concepts of time;

-You don't have to choose between a smaller, strong coffee (uma meia de leite) and a large, lighter one (um galão), but you can just order um galão escuro :D


Honestly? I'm really glad I made the decision to come to Lisbon. I've learned a lot about myself, grown as a person and experienced things I hadn't thought of before. The people I met will always hold a special place in my life. I recommend you to take this step and enjoy volunteering in Portugal.

 

Magda




0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário