09 abril 2013

My first months in Lisbon

By now I have stayed in Lisbon for two months. These two months have been full of joy, happiness, fear, excitement, adventures and new experiences. And this is what EVS is all about.

For me Lisbon has always been something dreamy and somewhat unreachable. Even now, from time-to-time I find myself discovering the fact that I am really here. I am here and doing exactly what I want to be doing.

Volunteering in culture area is beyond perfect for me – I was lucky enough to get exactly the project that I hoped for. And even struggling with my portuguese adds some spice, no-one said it was going to be easy. Of course, this project is not only about Portugal itself with it’s difficult language, it’s also about the people in it. Until now I have met people from places so far that it’s even hard to imagine the odds of ever meeting them under such circumstances in the first place. And this fact increases enormously the value of this experience.

So all-in-all I can only say good words about my first impressions on taking part in this adventure. Everything is new, unusual, exciting and eye-opening – and I can’t wait to see what the next months will bring me!
Katrina

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário