21 março 2019

O testimunho final da Monika


This time I will not write a lot, because I understood that the more I want to say, the fewer words I find to do so. 

I came to Portugal by chance, I was not planning it nor I was trying to find a project or an opportunity that would bring me here. I want to think that “this opportunity found me”. I came here without any expectations, without a lot of preparation, without any special feeling or exaggerated excitement. And just like that, I ended up in an exceptionally beautiful country and I found my new home in Lisbon. 

To describe what living in Portugal means, I have to write a whole book – but if I have to put it in one word, this word would be colorful. Colorful in every sense of the word – places, buildings, azulejos, streets, music, food, nature, people, vibes. Everything here is filled with so many lively colors. At first, they only surround you, but then they enter inside your body and mind, and you become a colorful person, just like everything around you. This realization, that the place where you live has the power to change you in a good way, is one of the reasons why this was such a beautiful journey. A journey of discovering new places, but at the same time a journey of discovering your own self. A journey of opening up to the world, but at the same time reflecting on your own thoughts. A journey of meeting and accepting other people, but at the same time accepting yourself. A journey of enjoying the present, but at the same time planning the future and letting go of the past. 



I want to say thank you to everyone who was part of it. I came to Portugal alone, but I was never lonely. The people I met, they were the ones that made this journey so special. I also want to thank my organization SPIN, that was not only a lovely place to work at, but it was also big support throughout my project. It was a pleasure to be part of the team!

I know that all this can never be repeated in the same form, with the same people and the same spirit. And I am glad for it. Nothing is constant, nor it should stay as such. Things happen, they start and they end and the best we can do is to take the most out of every situation we found ourselves in, learn from it and become a better person. 

Until next time,
Monika

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário