26 outubro 2020

O testemunho do Özcan No. 3 (SPEAK)

 

I’ll just use a few quotes from really nice people to discover some ideas to make up for my lack of creativity. 


“Pessimists are usually right, optimists are the ones who change the world.”

-Thomas Friedman


I like this quote. It glorifies no one. It accepts both sides as they are. Makes me wonder what would come out of a project of a pessimist and an optimist working together. One pointing out the problem, the other one solving it. 


I was pretty skeptical about the quote itself when I first saw it because I thought it debunks the pessimists. Then I started discovering it;  Pessimism can bring certain creative power with it and according to a few ‘first hand’ experiences that I’ve had there are actually productive pessimists who start their day with full realization and get the job done until the evening. They are the consistency barons and baronesses of our age. Their mindset is built upon understanding that the future is blank. They don’t put credit into it. What matters for them is what they do at the present moment. That’s, in my opinion, exactly how you start to change things both in you and around you. By focusing on what you want to do both in arts, social and professional life at the exact moment.  








The future is a concept, it doesn't exist. There is no such thing as tomorrow. There never will be, because time is always now. That's one of the things we discover when we stop talking to ourselves and stop thinking. We find there is only present, only an eternal now.” 

- Alan Watts


Now to deepen what I meant and to mirror what ESC has changed in me; I think I’ve learnt to balance the pessimism and optimism that dwells in me. Pessimism to stop hoping what the future might hold but to just focus on what I can do at the moment. Not for what I can become in the future but for what I am and what really gravitates me in the present. That proved to be enough motivation to kickstart a productive endeavor. Now after I start working, the optimism in me kicks in while I’m progressing in whatever journey I’m in and I find the tail of the motivation just to stick to it. Do I feel that I  produced a nice musical piece? Yes, I like it so let’s move on. Did I solve a problem while learning Javascript? Yes, it’s pretty simple but yesterday I was not able to do this. Let’s move on. It feels like just a natural flow of untying the knots that I didn’t know that were there. 

There is no way that we can predict what is going to happen as we have experienced this year. Fate is fickle, black swans are real so I say it’s totally acceptable to be reckless in whatever you wish to do. As long as you are humble that you know you’re not better than anyone else but also wise enough to know that you’re different than everyone else. 



Travel like a king, listen to the inner voice.


Ciao Spin! Thank you for everything.

 

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário