28 junho 2021

O testemunho final do Henri (SPIN)

Like many other volunteers, I also fell in love to Lisboa and thinked about staying to live here after the volunteering project. Sadly life had other plans and it's more important to be back in homeland already.

I will surely miss a lot - chill portugese lifestyle.That being late for 10 minutes is fine. That if you run to metro, some stranger will hold a door for you. 40 euro metro card that can used travelling  around as much as we want all the way to Setubal, Arrabida, Sintra and ohh yess of course Praia da Ursa. That sun is mostly always shining and can sunbathe every morning in my rooftop. Just going somewhere, discovering and meet international people every week.

And more and more of course, anyways specially if planning to stay here long term, can do more, live like locals - get a small dog, move around with electric bicycle and find a flat that is nice and warm for winter time - and life is good! 


Also there is one thing I don't miss about living in Lisbon, and that is peacock around my flat. Birds in general sing very nicely and are more quiet in night time but they ohh me they are something else.

I really liked my volunteering time in Spin organisation, because of the good team. Also nice office/hostel area for workplace. And the projects itself, never gets boring because always new kind of events coming up to plan and manage. New volunteers coming in to welcome. Only problem for this year specifically was that would have wanted to do more work/events, what was obviously not possible. But I think that's actually pretty awesome 'problem' to have. 

There were two biggest event that I was able to take part of - on arrival training and road trip to Castelo do Viana. They were really enjoyable, because it gave good feeling of what ESC project are. Not only volunteering in workplace and living with flatmates, but being part of larger group. These events gave opportunity to see and meet a lot of new people. Learn and to activities all day and I have to say eat a lot! 

Now I have done my short and long term ESC opportunity. All I can do now is keep spreading the good words about it that more young people take part of it. 

Like we learned from conference, there are billions of euros invested into that for next years, and I think its all beneficial for everybody! 

Thank you! Love Henri

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário