24 junho 2021

O testemunho no. 2 da Elisa (Crescer a Cores)

Olaaa, here is Elisa from Italy and here is my second testimony.Indeed, I have already had more than half of​the experience.


I think the longest and most difficult months have now passed. We have faced winter and quarantines and now the Lisbon sun is welcoming us into the liveliest season of the year.I can certainly say that I was sorry not to experience this city in the way it was described to me years ago but in the company of the beautiful people I met, I still had some good experiences.

During the lockdown period the school where I work was closed and this allowed me to have much more free time. I therefore discovered the north of Portugal a little by mainly doing experiences in nature since the possibilities in the city were limited. Long walks were the protagonists of my days.

During this period I also participated in a meeting with other volunteers. It was good there were some good exchanges, we had some good activities. I wasn't happy because I thought an online meeting wouldn't make sense. in the end it worked and I was happy. One day, while walking in the Graça district, I met some of them by chance and this was really a nice surprise. We finally saw each other in the face, we talked and danced together in the square. It was very nice.



When the situation cleared, getting back to work was difficult, returning to schedules and a rigid routine requires commitment and patience. But in the same way, returning to see children grown up and with greater personal autonomy was beautiful and rewarding. I was amazed to see that children of less than one year, after my lasting distance, immediately recognized me on my return. Now the school I work for has asked us to restore a mural they have had for a few years, this will be a great opportunity to break the routine by alternating work a bit.

The last news that I want to tell you is that now I am on the train traveling to Viana Do Castelo, where the first meeting with other volunteers will be held!

Next time I'll tell you how it went!

See you soon. Elisa.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário