14 janeiro 2022

O testemunho No. 1 da Silvia (Bola p'ra frente)

Olá! 
My name is Silvia, I am 23 years old and I am from Italy.




This is my second time living in Portugal and it isn’t the first time I see Lisbon... When 2 years ago I arrived in Lisbon for the first time I immediately felt that this city had something special: the light, the people, the colors, the miradouros, the weather... 


I didn’t know yet, but I wanted to discover it, so I knew that I would have lived here somehow at some point in my life: here I am! I didn’t aspect this moment would have arrived so quickly, but the first time I saw this ESC opportunity I knew it would have been my path because it was perfectly fitting with me and with what I was needed at this point in my life (plus the location was, of course, an upside!). 
After my bachelor's, I decided I wanted to experience more and study less because I’ve always preferred the idea of ‘learning by doing ’.





The first day I arrived at the Volunteer House, I immediately felt home: they welcomed me with a funny drawing of my new family and with a delicious breakfast with pancakes, fruit, and tea, and that was the best thing I needed after a flight. 






A few days after my arrival, I started to volunteer for ANFR (Associação Nacional de Futebol de Rua), and also there I felt really welcomed! In the beginning, the only problem was the language, but after a few weeks, understanding became much easier, and also talking became easier day by day. I really like spending time with kids and adolescents, playing games, talking, laughing, creating arts, helping them with homework etc.. 



I hope I’ll be able to leave a bigger impact on this association, helping them with English classes or with some of my skills that can be useful for them. In this short time here in Lisbon a lot of things had happened: I’ve met so many people, I’ve got to know so many different lifestyles and cultures, I’ve heard so many new languages, I’ve listened to so many new songs, I’ve had a lot of fun with so many laughs and hugs.



I am really glad for everything, but one of the things I am most grateful for in my Lisbon life are my flatmates from Casa Bernardim, we created a wonderful family: we are there for each other in every moment, I know I can always count on them... Even if we are all from different nationalities we get along very well, so I am feeling really lucky for this! And I am really glad for all the wonderful people I’ve met that already made my experience so special!






Well, Lisbon has already been full of new experiences, growth, teachings, and connections I will always be grateful for, so I can’t wait to live this moment of my life and this opportunity to the fullest! I’m ready for all the adventures and discoveries that will come in the next months!



Até já! Beijinhos!

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário