14 janeiro 2022

O testemunho No. 2 da Miriam (Viver Telheiras)

If I look back at these past 7 months I almost feel shocked for the incredible amount of things that happened. 



I like to lay down sometimes and try to brainstorm about it trying to figure out which are the most important moments of my life here and memories show up always so vivid and intense at the point of making me feel very emotional. 


After a super relaxed summer full of sea trips, friends and travels I have finally had the occasion to go deeper into my project and start to do a lot of practical stuff (which is a very pragmatic person is what I was really looking forward to). 


One of the things I appreciate the most about my volunteering is developing projects in the field of sustainability such as the workshops we did in partnership with Spea’s team which brought the Telheiras’ neighborhood together to build houses for birds, bats, and insects and contribute in this way to help and preserve the local biodiversity. (see picture)

After all these months the most extraordinary thing for me is being able to spontaneously connect with people and the strong bonds I am starting to create in the community of the neighborhood which makes me feel really happy and at home in this place. I would lie if I said that everything has gone smoothly so far, but I am really grateful for every single experience, person, and situation I have lived with here because they have contributed enormously to a personal growth I have always been yearning for and I am finally reaching. 

Sometimes I feel a little blue because I am starting to realize that the time left till the end of my project is not that much and I have to think concretely about my future and it seems to me that I have been wandering around randomly without managing to find a proper direction in life. I really hope that these last months will be inspiring for my future and who knows maybe I will end up staying here to keep enjoying this amazing country!

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário