18 janeiro 2022

O testemunho No. 1 da Ana (SPEA)

 I started my project in  Sociedade Portuguesa para o Estudo das Aves (SPEA) about a month ago.

Such organization focuses on the protection and investigation of endangered bird species or endemic species. With the help and guidance of my tutor Vanessa, I have been able to expand my knowledge regarding such matters and furthermore use them either in the fieldwork developed or in an educational environment. 
SPEA takes into action several projects and I have had the privilege to work amongst other colleagues in some of them. One of the main projects focuses on the educational aspects regarding bird protection, It is set on a specific species called Aguia de Bonelli, which is a raptor bird that lives close to Lisbon. We, as a group, develop several activities in order for students to learn about such species and promote environmental values. Other projects are focused on fieldwork tasks,  focusing on the electrical posts and their effect on birds' deaths, Rose-ringed parakeet population and control, trap-cameras, and other projects related to the coastal species. 

I am very excited to start these new projects since it focuses on what I love most which are Biology and the environmental protection of species. Everyone in SPEA has been very welcoming and warm and has always supported me in trying new ideas and learning from them. I'm deeply thankful to SPIN, which has always been helping me with my Portuguese and assuring me that I'm okay in my new volunteering job. I would also like to thank Vanessa, my tutor, for being such an enthusiastic and welcoming person.


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário