07 outubro 2019

O testemunho do Tavi

Hello! This is Tavi, from Romania. I have just started my ESC experience in Lisbon!

What made me come here? Well, when I was 18 my older brother forced me to go on an Erasmus+ funded youth exchange and I’ve been trying to go on these kinds of experiences ever since. It blew my mind there is a whole world outside my country with cool people in it. I knew that as soon as I finished university I would go to an ESC, a hundred percent! I chose Portugal because I’ve met a lot of cool Portuguese people and it just seemed like a nice place.

I studied English and French literature and my main thing is art. I can make pretty and weird illustrations. I also have some education skills since I’ve been teaching English to kids for a while now. I think I can be useful and I really liked the freedom Spin gives its volunteers. I’ll need to get super involved but I know I’ll learn a lot from it!

As I arrived at the airport once of my fellow volunteers (Ana from Croatia) picked me up and showed my accommodation so I didn’t have to worry about anything! I got to meet my 8 roommates and I am excited about getting to know them.

The following day I went to Spin and got to know my team-members too. Together with Ines (our coordinator) we went over our responsibilities. We then had an amazing lunch together. We also got to see the Padre Cruz neighbourhood and all the stunning murals! Wowowow!

All in all, it was stunning. Lisbon is great and it feels more and more like home every day I am here. It’s hard to describe all these feelings but I know this is the just the beginning of a journey.




0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário