03 março 2020

O Testemunho da Maria No. 2 (Boutique da Cultura)


Hi there again! María, from Spain, volunteer at Boutique da Cultura. This is my second testimony after 6 months, time flies blabla...! Things have changed a lot for the better during this period. Living abroad to me is always like this, sometimes things go very smoothly, sometimes you start wondering why the hell are you here and what is your purpose in life. Luckily, if you are patient enough, you may find your path again. Or not. I did at least this time.



Part of the process of being a volunteer is getting to know the place where you work and try to find the place where you can help them best so you feel useful (which makes you feel happy and connected with people). After the first three months I got to know Boutique’s family enough to understand their needs and feel that I could be needed in a more audiovisual area, so I have started helping a lot with my knowledge in photography and video editing. 


Right know Ángel and me are involved in many different audiovisual projects that will help Boutique to reach a bigger audience, to spread the amazing work they do and connect with the community. This projects are not only useful for them, but also serves me as a way to get to know better the people that work here and having the chance to talk with them individually, which you dont usually have the chance for in a regular day.



Attached to this text you may find a series of photos I took during the opening of a new space curated by Boutique da Cultura: Oficina Local, a public space focused on the recycling of materials and the formation of the community with creative workshops. Also you can find me, drinking Porto. Saúde! 






0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário